Exciting times are ahead with Food & Beverage for the 2016 season. We have been working with our suppliers to introduce some new products and specials. The highlights are:
- Wine Feature: Sandhill Chardonnay (while quantities last) - a beautiful wine being offered at $8 for a 6oz pour & only $11 for our 9oz pour, taxes extra.
SANDHILL ESTATE VINEYARD
The story of the vintage is the record heat units or Growing Degree Days (GDD), the second highest level recorded in the southern Okanagan, at 1702 GDD. The year began with a normal spring arrival, followed by near normal rainfall throughout the season. The long, warm, sunny growing period provided a good size crop of high quality fruit. Look for white wines with pure fruit expression and big bold reds with soft tannins and ripe, rich fruit. 2014 is an epic vintage for the history books.
- Hand-harvested and whole cluster pressed.
- 50% of the wine was barrel fermented and aged sur lie in new and one year old French oak barrels for 9 months to provide richness and complexity.
- 50% of the wine was stainless steel fermented and aged for full expression of the fruit.
- To preserve vibrant fruit expression, malolactic fermentation was prevented from occurring.
- Clear and bright with a straw yellow color and a bouquet of tropical fruit, apple and lemon, perfectly enhanced by notes of toasty oak, spice and brioche.
- A medium-bodied wine with a smooth, rich, round mouth-feel, and flavors of tropical fruit, cream and a touch of butterscotch.
- The long lingering finish has flavors of spice, tropical fruit and toasty oak.
- Serve not overly chilled at 14 to 16°C with baked halibut; mushroom risotto; creamy pasta with smoked salmon; turkey pot pies; puff pastry wrapped chicken or salmon; pork chops marinated with Dijon and tarragon; grilled chicken with a yogurt smoked paprika marinade; salmon quiche.
Bronze Medal ~ WineAlign National Wine Awards of Canada, 2015.
Bronze Medal ~ BC Wine Awards 2015.
“The 2014 vintage was perfect for Chardonnay, allowing for the development of ripe fruit aromas and flavors, and a rich round mouth-feel, yet still providing enough acidity to refresh on the finish. At the Chardonnay du Monde wine competition in Burgundy France, our Sandhill Chardonnay has stood out in winning Gold and Silver medals for the 2010 and 2011 vintages, respectively. -Howard Soon, Winemaker
Our Beer & coolers lineup has a few new items with Shocktop Belgium White Ale and Budweiser Light. We are also talking with local breweries about doing rotating feature beer specials to offer a good variety and reflect seasonal tastes. Because of great customer feedback, our coolers will still have the Beve lineup. Three flavors will be available. Look for other features as the season progresses!
For our liquor line up, we are adding Ciroc Vodka (you Grey Goose lovers have to try this vodka!), Don Julio Blanco which is an amazing tequila, and Crown Royal Apple…try that straight up or chilled.
We have reworked our wine list and established a core” by the glass” house list and will be offering a rotating “Fresh Sheet” for our wine list by the bottle…keep a look out for that.
We are also finalizing a Happy Hour, yes a Happy Hour here at Swaneset…launching very soon!